Hot and humid weather in Maryland often means cranking up the air conditioner (and paying for it when bills arrive later). What if there was a way you could cut costs and still stay comfortable all summer long? Ductless systems are an innovative way to keep yourself cool and are more affordable than traditional ducted systems.
Why a Ductless System?
Ductless mini-split systems can heat or cool any room or zone of your home. Thanks to a streamlined and simple design, ductless units use less energy when running. By only operating in specific areas of the home, ductless systems also don’t waste loads of energy heating or cooling the rest of the home. Instead, you will be comfortable where you are and not pay to cool the 85% of your home you aren’t currently occupying!
Ductless units are composed of an indoor unit and outdoor unit, but do not require any ductwork like traditional HVAC. Instead, ductless units can be installed anywhere in your home and connected outdoors with a hidden hose.
Why Are Ductless Systems Perfect for Summer?
- Ductless systems, thanks to not needing ducts or cooling entire homes at once, have lower chances of energy loss.
- Since ductless units do not require any ducting, the installation process is very simple and affordable. No walls will be ripped out, you won’t have contractors in your home for days on end and your unit will unobtrusively sit in your home.
- Ductless units use 20-30% less energy than traditional central air conditioning or window units. The lower energy usage will show up immediately on energy bills.
- Central air conditioners come with noisy blowers that can create annoying background noise and even keep you awake at night. Ductless units are notable for being so quiet and offering simple temperature control without interrupting your sleep.
- Ductless systems are capable of both heating and cooling, giving you even more value for the price. By cooling your home in the summer and heating your home in the winter, you can enjoy your unit all year long.
Efficient Air Conditioning from Ductless America
Ductless America sells, installs and maintains versatile Mitsubishi ductless systems designed to keep your family comfortable all year long. Our systems are flexible and able to meet the needs of numerous homes, businesses and buildings. If you are interested in learning more about our zoned comfort solutions, give us a call today at 800-815-4494.